Special Education Building.
SWS set out a comprehensive ironmongery schedule for this special project to provide the best solution for this most demanding environment. The brief was to provide handles and fittings which were robust and strong and would withstand possible abuse and mis-treatment and be safe for the users. Some of the features included into the schedule were :-
- High performance hinges, 4 x per leaf to secure the door from shock and misuse.
- Recessed flush pull handles to restrict the amount of purchase that could be gained on the doors.
- Overhead guide rail arm closers.
- Full length vertical electro magnets switched via access control, to provide optimum holding strength top & bottom of the doors.
- Kickplates 400mm high satin stainless steel.
- Anti-barricade lock cylinders to allow locking if needed but always to be overridden by key holder.
- Turn & release sets to the w.c.s with external access in case of emergency by a special key and not just a coin slot. It also served as a means to lock the door off in case of fault.